Other Info and Statistics
About Hat Trick Stats
- HowzStat began in 1996, originally hosted at the School of Earth Sciences in the
University of Melbourne, Australia. We are now hosted by Netvantage of Brisbane, Australia.
- In October 2020 HowzStat became Hat Trick Stats.
- The database is primarily a collection of encoded match results and scores, held in ASCII
files. There are player files and others which hold more general match data (partnerships,
team scores and results, etc.) plus some ancillary data files that aid with quick processing
of scripts and cgi-bin requests.
- The database is underpinned by a range of f77/f90 compiled code, some as cgi-bin
routines and some bash
scripting. This approach lends great flexibility and scope for quick development of new
routines, as well as rapid updating of the database with new matches, players (and teams).
- Development and improvement is constant and ongoing. 2014-15 has seen a new routine
for generating records, which will massively increase the ability to
develop and query for new record types. There have also been improvements in page layout
and site navigation.
Copyright © 2020 Hat Trick Stats Cricket Database.